Thread: Syrinx
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Syrinx

I have an email from my Dr. stating my MRI results showed: Several abnormalities including syrinx (benign fluid filled sac) within my spinal cord. She is ordering a new MRI w/ gadolina (sp) contrast. I reported to her that I was experiencing numbness in my chest (left side) under arm back and down to about my elbow (all underside). Since then, I have developed swelling and pain in my left wrist mainly around the thumb.. It is painful to pick up anything and I find my self naturally guarding my thumb and wrist. So, my dr also says she will get an MRI of my cervical spine. I have a history of scoleosis *mild* degenerative disc disease. Surgery fusion of c 5, 6 , 7 in 2000. and coned at s1 ( going by memory here and that is another topic on its own) My muscles are very stiff feeling. I have headaches and I have noticed my bowel movements are not the same. Constipation on most days. When I urinate, urine only comes out when I push.

I am a bit startled with all of this and would like to know if anyone else has Syrinx. I have just found out so, I do not know its origin.

I am 49 years old.

I think I should go ahead for disability now. since it will take a long time .. usually.
jonlyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote