View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 06:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lisa,

I would call Dean's neuro right away and let him/her know what's going on. I have a feeling the Lamictal isn't strong enough for Dean's sz. and that's why he's having the drop attacks. If you can get him on vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day this will help calm his nerves down and reduce his sz. He won't need a prescription for the vitamin you can buy it right over the counter. If I may ask are you or Dean using a cell phone at all around the time of the sz.? If either of you are or if you are near others that are using cell phones and Dean has a sz. this may be that Dean is cell phone sensitive. I found out I have this problem and it triggers sz. for me when others around me are using their phone. All of this is do to the frequency the cell phone is using. The staring you are telling me about sounds like an absence sz. take note and see if Dean has a daydream look on his face and his pupils are dialated if they are this is an absence sz. and I've had this type of sz. for 41 yrs. Dean may want to start taking mysoline (primidone) or phenobarbital for his drop sz. I know it has helped me greatly. Here's wishing the both of you only the best of luck and May God Bless You Both!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lisa14 (05-26-2013)