View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Amy,

Please don't consider this as rambling on we are all here to support and help each other. My surgery was nothing compared to a couple of my friends one who had the right hemisphere of his brain removed after 5 surgeries and another friend who has sz. because he had a brain tumor and will be going in for his 7th and maybe 8th brain surgery this August.
Before my surgery was done I would average 300 or more sz. a yr. there would be days when I had 4 or more sz. and I would average 20 or more sz. each month. After my surgery my sz. reduced down to the lowest which was 68 sz. in a yr. an the most I've had so far is 121 sz. in a yr. and that was do to stress because my parents got a divorce after almost 42 yrs. together. On average I have about 100 or more sz. a yr. but many of those sz. are aura sz. where I'm conscious the entire time I just get colors in my eyes and get a nervous feeling in my stomach and the most sz. I still have is absence sz. but they don't last as long as they used to and I don't feel tired nor do I have a headache after the sz. is over.
Some of the side effects after the surgery is not remembering a persons name sometimes but other than that I feel a lot better, my personality is a lot better I'm not so moody anymore, and I have noticed I can feel things that I never felt before the surgery was done.
In regards to not having health insurance you can call the Epilepsy Foundation of America at 1-800-332-1000 and they can help you out with insurance and other medical needs so you can get the treatment you want. Check into seeing an Epileptologist and if you are interested have the surgery done and this may help your heart also. I used to have a rapid heartbeat every now and then but since the surgery I'm a lot better. Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote