View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cancer

jkl626...Im a Ovarian and endometrial cancer survivor myself.
TOS 2000
CA 2005
I always feel odd saying this but going thru 3 CA surgeries and chemo was easier than dealing with TOS and the CRPS the last 13 years. The CA chemo steroids helped keep the TOS and CRPS calm. I knew there was an end result and I'll be damned if CA was going to get me after everything with TOS.

Wishing you great success and strength on your journey. You will prevail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
On Feb 20 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I have a large mass on my left breast. After all the mri's and xrays on my right side, no one ever noticed or looked at my left side. I was so focused on the TOS for the past 2 years that I did not get a mammogram for 4 years. this is what is the most frustrating and makes me so mad at myself as I was so thorough with the TOS.I have a top of the line surgeon at Cedars Breast Center in L.A. and have been very impressed with them so far and am undergoing tests to see what kind of surgery and treatment I will have to have. Its going to be another long journey.

My spirits are pretty good-after the initial shock and sadness, I have MANY friends who have gone through this and lots of support.

I have decided in this case, NOT to go on the internet and NOT to go on the forums.It is just to scary to read about at this point anyway. It has been such a different experience with the diagnosis and dr's I cant even tell you-it is so routine-so common-I had a diagnosis,biopsy and a surgeon in 3 weeks!

The silver lining is that my TOS is alot better for the past few weeks. It seems like the less I go to PT (its beeen about a month),no massages just occaisional acupunture and feldenkreiss, and lidocaine /cortizone injections once a month. I do my exercises every day. Once in awhile I get a bad flare-up if I overstretch or am too stressed. when I went to see the surgeon I got a bad one 2 weeks ago.

I did ask dr. Aufiero if there might be any chance that the tumour has anything to do with the TOS ,because it might be heavy and my breasts are large. She thought it might not be out of the realm of possiblity. I think I will ask Dr. Jordan about this too when I see him again. I guess I will know after the surgery, and maybe I will end up with smaller breasts. Hah!

color="Black">Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch *The 3 Stooges
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jkl626 (05-27-2013)