View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion and Post Concussion Symptoms HELP

Hello Everyone,

I suffered a concussion on 5/5/13. This is my first concussion. I was severely intoxicated when it occurred and unfortunately do not remember anything about the incident because I had too much to drink. What can I say, it was Cinco de Mayo!

Anyways, my friends said that I passed out because of drinking too much and while they were trying to help move me accidentally dropped me on my head. They said it was about 6 to 12 inches above the ground. They also said it was the tip top of my head that hit.

The next day I woke up and thought I had a really bad hangover. My ears were ringing, confused, and tired. Days went by and my symptoms peaked 2 days later with sever headaches, fogginess, inability to retain new information (I would read a paragraph and just be confused about what I read), dizziness, ear ringing. Oh and I had an oral exam in spanish about 5 days after the incident, when I was reciting the information I felt as if my head was going to explode. The sides of my head extending from my temple all the way to the side of my head behind my ear felt like they had a bunch of pressure on it.

My symptoms improved a lot in those first 10 days. I felt almost 100% okay, but I hit my head on an open cabinet (not that hard) but woke up the next day feeling a little more out of it than the day before. It has now been 3 weeks since cinco de mayo, when I suffered a concussion and symptoms are still present.

I do not have headaches anymore. I do not have any fogginess either. I now feel like I am suffering from that same pressure I feel in the sides of my head. I also feel extremely tired from studying a couple hours. I also feel as if I am not retaining as much information when I study. I also feel nausea randomly some days (not every day). And sometimes randomly the room feels as if it did a 360 rotation real quick.

I am 22 years old in college and about to graduate in 1 month. I unfortunately have 4 more years of school left. I will be starting medical school in august and need to be better by then and ready to study my butt of for the next few years. Since this incident, I stopped drinking and make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. I also take a super B complex everyday and take about 10 grams of fish oils a day.

Someone please help. Doctor originally told me that he would be surprised if the symptoms lasted more than a week after the incident. Then revised it to a month after the incident. He also said if it persists for 2 months, then I should see a neurologist. Should I be going to a neurologist now?

thank you for the help everyone. it is truly appreciated
bmxbobby2004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote