View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default welcome

Hello Bmx,

Sorry about your accident.

Check out the vitamin thread at the top and start healing your injured brain from the inside out. Also, the nutrition piece of healing is important so limit caffeine or cut it off if you can, and no alcohol.

Sadly, no one can tell you the day, the hour, the month, the moment you will feel better. Any doctor that promises a timeline is just plain WRONG. You are now in what I call the Zen of medical problems. You will heal when you do and not sooner. The sooner you can accept that and really rest, you will start to get better, but it's not a short road.

Western medicine can chart the progress of broken bones, pregnancy, and many other things, but the brain is different. There is a saying with all of this too. "Once you have seen one brain injury, that's just it. You've only seen one brain injury."

So for now, rest your brain. Limit screens, including your computer, TV, etc. Reading, as you might find, is taxing. Don't read much. Listen to audio books, or classical music. Avoid stressful news stories. Your brain needs rest, rest, and more rest.

The resources that helped me the most so far are the book BrainLash by Gail Denton, the youtube video series, You Look Great, this discussion board, and God's grace teaching me the real meaning of patience.

I wish you luck in finding good medical dox who will listen, and understand and help you.

Wishing you peace.

Sincerely,
pm

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote