View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 07:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile tecie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetrymom View Post
I am feeling better and better, but I find I have to be really mindful of just trying to do ONE thing at a time. It's so tricky because I find it's so easy to FORGET that I need to be careful. I know I need to be careful, but I forget -- if that makes sense. I am not out of the woods, and may never be fully.

Does anyone else find they stumble more with PCS? Or spill food and drink on themselves more now with PCS? I know I do.

I am making myself sit now. I just kind of fell onto the couch, but I didn't hurt myself.

Does restorative Yoga (gentle yoga) help with this? No headstands or fast head movements for me.

I have some meditation I am doing now too and that's a piece of all right. I really like it.

Any other tips with working on GRACE or being more careful and graceful.

Thanks

pm
My name is Tecie. I was hit by a drunk driver on my lunch hr at work 2 1/2 yrs ago. Left with Brain Trauma, broke collar bone, bells palsy on left side which is gone. I was in wheelchair, then walker, now cane at times. My left side doesn't want to co-operate I tend to say at times, lol. So I stumble a bit, they say expect to fall once every two weeks, which I do.
My brother tells me patience is a virtue, gracefull I am not, careful I am.
My sister-in-law, who is my wonderful physical therapist and really a person who understands me most has helped a lot. She told me about this site.
I have a 10 yr old girl who is wonderful and teaches me things I forgot. She teaches me things I didn't know in school.
She isn't real graceful either, but she like me, does her best
tecie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFayesMom (05-27-2013), MiaVita2012 (05-27-2013), poetrymom (05-27-2013)