View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default one of the first on the planet

Hello,

I was just diagnosed with epilepsy, I have had a shunt for over 40 years. I was just put on Lamictal (Lamotragine 100mg). I had two seizures prior to getting put on it. I have not had any since, however, I have not had any since. The two I had were considered to be was is detailed as photo-sensitive epilepsy, this occurs when in a dark space with with flashing/strobe type lights (ie the movies, tv in a darkened area). I asked my neurologist if the shunt had anything to do with it, his response was quite simple. Is it possible, yes, can I say for sure, no, however, you do have a foreign body in your head. I have basically learned not to watch tv in the dark and unfortunately, I don't go to the movies anymore, DVD's come in handy.......hahaha. I have realized, that due to length of time I have had a shunt, I know the doctor's learning more about the shunt, they can't they can't be proactive all the time and have to be reactive in some instances. I have learned to cope and so can you. I am not a doctor, however, as I learn more I will let you know.
jasontaub23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote