View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFromNorway View Post
Poetrymom: Thanks a lot for your reply. Do you heal from your multiple concussions, in the form of being symptom free if you are careful so you don't get more traumas? I know me head will be extremely sensitive for traumas the rest of my life. However, I wonder if I ever will be symptom free this time? If not, I don't know what to do.

Hello again GirlfromNorway,

The first concussion I had was when I was 9 or 10. I hit concrete pavement from swinging on a rope swing in our garage. I healed completely from that. I had forgotten about it until the damage showed up on my MRI.

I am now 48 and got a mild concussion, tBi -- brain injury, from the car accident in Feb. I had bed rest for about a week after that, felt better, then all my symptoms -- dizziness, sound and light sensitivity, fatigue, came back. I had to let work go for the rest of the year and then I started to really rest and feel better.

I feel better, but I know I am not recovered. I still get tired, and have some issues with sound / noise, and being around a lot of people can be really tiring for me too.

As for work again, well, I want to, but I know that I have to handle stress differently and maybe I will have a career change. I don't like to think of that, but it may be a reality for me. It remains to be seen.

I have hope that I will continue to get better, but it takes time, as you know, and no one can say how much time is enough. I try not to let that aggravate me.

I know you are really upset about your symptoms coming back and I don't know why that happens either. I know there are other, really experienced people here who will weigh in with their insight.

In the meantime, really try to take care of yourself -- meditation, a hot bath, any healthy thing you can do to feel better is important.

Sincerely,

pm

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote