View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 01:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Strange rash, anyone?

I have been a bit poorly with a horrendous tickly cough but otherwise active and up and about. Pain levels fairly average. Some of you might remember me saying my CRPS is in my feet now and I was starting to get prickling in my forearms? Well, I have started with a rash on my fingertips. I don't know if it's related to the cough or the CRPS or neither. I have had similar before and always written it off as a heat rash. I get tiny, little pin prick bumps that itch intensely. Sometimes this comes along with a general tautness/bloating of the hands that isn't bad enough to be considered "proper" swelling, but makes my wedding ring tight. It's kindof a hot, tight feeling. It is mostly in my ring fingers and little fingers, which ties in with previous numbness. However, it's getting a little worse. I don't think it's dyshidrosis/pompholyx as the little bumps (although they do tend to be teeny tiny water blisters) are not big enough and don't crust at all. I have had these on the soles of my feet in the past too but not this time, although I have had my new-normal CRPS itching/burning/prickling and swelling.

Just wondering if anyone else gets this at all? From what I've read this can be a sign of an autoimmune problem, I know CRPS is being seen as such more and more but I'm concerned as I had high levels of SMA in my last blood test and although I don't have any "livery" symptoms, I always worry about how long I've been on the meds. Which reminds me, I wonder if this is a new reaction to the buprenorphine, I get a reaction at the patch sites all the time but the docs say it can't be an allergy or I'd have had it from the beginning (and yes I know they're wrong, but they won't listen).
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote