View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Tashi,

So at this point how are you feeling? Have you had any flare ups?

Why did he chose not to do the grafting at the time of the extraction? Did he mention anything about the health of the bone at that time?

Grafting is done to stimulate and encourage new growth of your own bone. Grafting does not replace what bone is missing. Your own new bone takes over the graft after several months of healing.

Without the graft to encourage bone growth, you may or may not naturally grow enough bone to hold an implant. Yes, a hole in drilled into the bone and the implant is threaded into the hole. The implant is meant to integrate with the bone similar to your natural tooth. This is why it is imperative for there to be adequate healthy bone to hold the implant.

There is really no way to know if a dental implant will negatively affect the RSD. If it does, it may show itself immediately or some time down the road. I wish there was a more definitive and positive answer to that :/

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashi View Post
Now I am into day 3 after the extraction.
I see the oral surgeon next week. He will want to schedule me for the bone grafting, so on 3 or 4 months he can put an implant in there.

He showed me how thick an implant is, so they will have to drill through bone to get it in !! Yikes! With RSD really ?

Anyone know about this ???
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote