Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Where would the foramina be widened? I didn't see anywhere, where it was being narrowed? It did say the L5 foramen was MILDLY narrowed, but that certainly is not something a surgeon would even consider touching at this time.

The annular tear COULD be a source of pain, as the contents of the annula "spilling" out onto other nerves is painful. I should have mentioned that previously.

With all your bulges/herniations, you would be well-served to put the motorcycle away, or even sell it. I don't think you'll be riding anymore. At least you shouldn't!! That bouncing on the bike is going to REALLY mess with your spine. And SHOULD you happen to dump the bike, even attempting to pick it up is going to really do some damage -- not just from picking it up, but from the fall itself! Seek some other kind of healthy hobby. LOL I know nothing replaces riding the bike -- but you're going to have to do something else, my friend.

Keep us posted, will you? I know this sucks (pardon) but having lived with this now for 28 years, I can tell you that major changes have to be made in our lifestyles. ICK.

God bless and i hope we hear from you again. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote