View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Jerry,

Which side is the second molar on that was affected by the wisdom tooth? If that tooth has decay in it and it was not removed, it may start to hurt.

Yea, mentioning Vicodin would make a difference as it would jump start the Ibuprofen. Makes sense.

Try to follow my suggestions on my previous answer to you regarding what you can do to help your self heal well. If the pain intensifies, the swelling gets larger or spreads, if the pain meds do not help.... or you develop anything unpleasant like a fever... see your OS sooner than tuesday. Otherwise you have described typical post op symptoms following impacted wisdom teeth... other than the numb teeth with the "chips" in them.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry5 View Post
Hi Bryanna!

Just to clarify, it's day 6 post-operation.

I woke up with dull pains around both lower molars-the pain being greater on the lower left side (side with the putative fistula). When I said previously that the pain went away with Ibuprofen, I should have mentioned that I had also been taking Hydroco (Vicodin?) and maybe all that went away was the discomfort.

So, I looked in the mirror and there was localized swelling on my gum/cheekline and I could still see the clots. I also don't have the intense pain that I've read regarding dry socket. It's more the type of localized inflammation/swelling pains that I'm used to (as I've said, I've had many tooth issues in the past I repeated the Ibuprofen but that didn't work like it did yesterday. I took a Vicodin 30 minutes later and 5 minutes after that, the discomfort is subsiding.

I have a scheduled appt with the oral surgeon for follow up on Tuesday. Should I go in on Monday to take care of this?

Thank you again for your expertise!

Jerry5
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote