View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sill having pain after extraction and graft

I started having problems with a previous root canal tooth (#30) back at the end of April. After being on clindamycin 150 for a week, I was still in pain so I went to an endodontist. He cleaned it out and filled it, but I ended up returning a week and a half later because it continued to get worse - increased pain and a general ill feeling. At that point, he cleaned out the canal again, packed it with cotton, and increased the clindamycin to 300.

About 36 hours later, I started feeling much better and the pain decreased significantly. When I went back in a few days later, he cleaned it out again, filled it with a temp filling, and I was OK for about a day, then the pain came back even worse. I ended up getting it extracted last Monday (20th) and at the time, the oral surgeon put in a bone graft because I want to get an implant. The area was stitched closed and I was given peridex and vicodin and another run of clindamycin (I had been taking percocet and it was not even touching the pain - and is still not)

While the infection swelling I had has gone down to almost nothing, I still have pain that will not go away even with the percocet and I also feel ill. I am mad that I did not call and go in on Friday but now I have been stuck with the long weekend and have not improved. I am planing on calling to go in tomorrow, but am wondering if this is normal. I have had this constant pain for almost a month now and I am going crazy. Should I push for a different antibiotic? I am worried that they will just brush me off. Please give me some advice.
sandpiper2319 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote