View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question I Think I Figured it Out?

Thanks guy's I appreciate the kind words and Concussion I always appreciate your help

This whole protein deficiency is another BOOM surprise! I cannot handle negative surprises like most of us we get overwhelmed and stressed!

Protein deficiency just does not happen over a week or 2....it takes sometime and with that said since I have not been eating a lot of meats because my dislocated jaw.I had no direction/diagnosis that I had a TBI until after a year and half after accident. With that being said I was not thinking clear to think about how I would get protein, because I was so much in pain and fighting to get a diagnosis for that year and half. I cannot believe I was not smart enough to start Ensure a long time ago.I guess that is part of my brain impairments

Well obviously being on bed rest for a year and just walking was not using my muscles like last few months of light jogging/walking & physical therapy it made the muscles break down more that resulted in edema.

It all makes sense now because of protein deficiency
1.Hair falling out in winter 2012-2013
2.Always being cold last 9 months
3.Nails breaking past 3 months
4.Cuts/bruises not healing last 3 months
5.craving caffeine last 6 months
6.Craving sweets last 3 months
7.skin ulcers last month
8.sore/weak muscles last 2 weeks

This diagnosis of protein deficiency might of had something to do with my healing resulting in taking longer.I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE IN DEC 2012 I GOT EVERYTHING TESTED AND LABS AND THIS DID NOT SHOW UP??????

So now I need to figure out how I am going to get back to where I was or better.ANY IDEAS?

~SO FAR~
1.I am drinking ensure 2times daily...eventually switch to home smoothies with fruits,hemp, and protein.
2.I am doing meats/beans 2times daily
3.I am eating 2 bananas 2times daily also all my other fruits
4.I am drinking a glass of vanilla almond milk before bed with a banana

I hope it does not take me months to bounce back to rehab.Anyone else have any input or suggestions to this
major set back I am experiencing???!!!Help is greatly appreciated

***I go see my OBGYN tomorrow that tested everything in Dec 2012 and everything can back good***And I see PCP on Wed if we cannot get this figured out than I will have to go back to neurologist
Mia

Symptoms: Physical: I am always cold in any season!!I cannot tolerate anything pressure on my head(sun glasses,hats)longer then a hour,Lock jaw/Displaced TMJ, Dropsey, Hands go numb, Arms go numb, back of head numb (when asleep),Muscle spasms in face & upper body,migraines, concentration headaches, dizziness, nausea, neck and back trauma (from accident), tinnitus, extreme light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, EXTREME fatigue, impaired vestibular system, balance off, Pupils NEVER equal, disrupted sleep cycles,speech problems.

Cognitive: Cognitive Behavior, Brain fog, impulsivity, speech problems, word finding problems, slowed processing speeds, impaired visual memory, impaired complex attention

Emotional: Unable to handle stress or overstimulation without getting extremely irritable or angry, easily overstimulated, MAJOR depression, major anxiety, Panic attacks

Treatment so far: Treatment for PCS,PTSD,Depression & panic,Vestibular therapy, Physical therapy, Vitamin Schedule,Walking,No Dairy, No eggs, No caffeine, No artificial coloring, Sleep with 2 pillows, Very little sugars consumed, Eat healthy,No alcohol, Medications, limit stress and overstimulation.

~*~Learn to treasure yourself and your Divinity. Be willing to accept yourself completely. Be yourself, be graceful, be kind, be wild, be weird ... be true to yourself~*~
MiaVita2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote