View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Once Again, thank you so very much, what just erks me is you know that all the dentists who thought its just normal sensativity, not one ever explained how the fillings cause the sensativity and not one before the most recent visit ever said the word crown. Now I need to get that money together and get that done, at least I know I need one, I know how important plaque build up is to think I have been suffering with this sensativity all these years it is fixable, I though these tooth pastes just dont work...in the near future if you dont mind I am going to post the xrays of these teeth, one of the roots were so long she couldnt get it on the xray, she had to take the xray in my mouth said "were not supposed to do that" wondering for the future on that root. Thank you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Pennye,

Thank you for the picture but it does not show the gum line where the plaque would be accumulated. However it does show very large old mercury fillings. I can see why he recommended crowns on those two teeth. Replacing them with new large fillings will probably not help with sensitivity as it may make them more sensitive to cold. Filling materials are not meant to be used for such large fillings in the first place because the material fractures allowing bacteria and temperature to get in underneath. This holds true for mercury and composite filling material.

The first pre molar could probably get away with a new composite filling but the second pre molar filling is quite large. Depending on how deep this filling is would determine if a filling would be adequate or not.

Also, fairly often mercury fillings are very irritating to the gum tissue. So what happens is the gums start to recede away from the filling causing irritation and sensitivity. This also predisposes these areas to accumulate more plaque also. This could be part of what is happening in your case.

Bryanna

[/QUOTE]
pennye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote