View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 11:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had been wondering for months now why the heat has been so hard on me recently--I thought it was from having my thyroidectomy and just now preferring cooler temps--I USED to LOVE the heat, being from CA and now living in MN, but now if it's above 70 and even remotely humid, I feel like I just might faint! About 2 years ago, I had a spell one day where my husband and I took our son to a fair and I literally felt like I was going to pass out the entire time because I could barely stay upright, so weak and wobbly from the heat, when it wasn't even really very hot at all...and I used to be so heat tolerant!

That was a very weird time for me and I will never forget that feeling, and then last year I had a hard time with heat too, but this year, already, I feel ten times worse and not just outside, but in a hot car, definitely in the shower--I try to limit them because they make me feel terrible. I used to cherish my baths for my arthritis and now I feel near sick after them. Also the dishes, too! And laundry! Just crazy! That definitely explains all of that now though, jeez. I get horrible muscle aches also--is that MG related??
I wondered if that could be, since the muscles must be stressed with the MG? Since it's been flaring for the longest time yet now, and this awful weather, I was curious if that aided in my aches. I have terrible joint pain with my RA in this weather, but never had muscle pains quite like this until recently, and haven't been doing anything overly crazy.
My GD has been basically controlled via total thyroidectomy, and now I am on Synthroid. Recently I had been going hypo again and we thought that was maybe the root of my weakness, but after adjusting me, months later, the weakness never wavered, BUT I am wondering if that is what kickstarted it into motion again?
I did get some immodium today so hopefully that will nip that issue in the bud. I noticed the Mestinon seems to perk up my energy and takes that edge of the general malaise feeling. I don't feel so generally rotten all the time when I take it.
I had also had a period a few months ago where I a kind of laryngitis that lasted over a month where I had to strain and force my voice, where it felt like it cramped and weakend after I talked too long...saw my ENT and he said I had paresis on one side of my vocal chords but we never found out why, never made a follow up as eventually it just went away... Is that typical in MG? I think back now to some odd symptoms I've had since this started and a lot of it is making sense now...
CaliCastaway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (05-28-2013)