View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Awarded,

Sorry to hear of your injury. You said, "I never had any neurological symptoms, but of course, my fear of developing a brain abscess, is making it hard to resume my normal life"

Worry and anxiety are a common symptom of head in juries. With the type of injury you suffered, from a statistical perspective, further problems usually develop rather quickly. You don't say what amount of time has passed other than the week of antibiotics and AEDs. It does sound like you received good care.

Let us know how you are doing. There are plenty of good people here.

My best to you.
Thanks , everyone

My injury occurred less than a week ago (will be a week this coming Thursday

I was first seen at the closest ER to where the accident happened. The doctor there determined that I had not only the laceration, but also a skull fracture. He stapled the laceration Being a lab tech, plus having had double knee replacements, I insisted on antibiotics,and was given a shot IM I was then sent to a hospital with CAT scan abilities. I was also given a tetanus shot. Stupid not to have sent me first off to one of the major teaching hospitals, as the hospital in Red Deer (second place I was sent ) has no neurologist, just a CAT scan
Anyway, I was then taken by Ambulance to Foothills hospital and seen by a neurologist and given a second CAT scan that included cervical vertebra, and put on IV antibiotics. I was on IV antibiotics until Sunday at noon, when I was switched to oral and discharged.
The neurologist decided against surgical intervention .
I am now on Cephalexin for five days, but think I will ask my GP to renew that for another week, when I have the staples taken out on Friday
Awarded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote