View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sooo, I saw my surgeon for a follow-up today. conflicting details, my parents (who were with me the day of surgery) said the surgeon told them he didn't remove the 1st rib but only "alot of scar tissue". well today during my follow-up I wanted confirm what was actually done, and he said infact, yes he did remove the rib, alot of scar tissue, and a bit of muscle (to relieve pressure on my nerves/vein). So far all the symptoms I had before the surgery I still have, although I was reassured it's still in the healing process so it's nothing to worry about just yet, it's probably just inflammation (which makes sense). I've been told i'll be off work for at least another 1.5 weeks, and need to see my referring dr before I can go back full-time or starting back as part-time (mid-june), which is going to be a challenge - his secretary is a b---- hope an email to the dr himself might help?, plus I'm going to try and get both consults/OR report for my own records.

My biggest issue right now is trying to relax, letting my body heal! I can't seem to sit still (I feel like if i keep myself occupied i'll get back into things) which is defiantly not working in my favour right now. Going out for a walk (trying to at least once a day) but my deep breathing issue is getting in my way, plus (has anyone had severe pain when out walking - ie. in the upper chest area?) - i usually end up in tears on my way home (not sure if it's just part of the healing process?) I'm still trying not to lift more than 5lbs which is harder said than done.

PRAYING! I the feeling in my arm comes back soon - frustrating as hell when i'm breaking dishes every other day (thank god for cheap dish sets) - guess I should invest in some plastic dishes...

I'll keep my progress updated!

Katie
Toronto,Canada is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote