View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Boy, you're right there! I hate to THINK how much I've paid in copays this year. I shudder to think.

They HAVE to give you time to get other opinions. DON'T let them hurry you into the operating room. It isn't that much of an emergency. If you were having bowel or bladder problems -- and I mean SERIOUS problems -- then I'd say you might have to get right in to the OR. But it is NOt that much of an emergency, so you DO have time to get some opinions!!! Don't let them intimidate you! That's what they're good at -- intimidating patients!

You have your rights, and right now, you've got to get 2 other opinions! You can't place your LIFE on ONE guys opinion. What if he's wrong? Then you'd wish you'd seen the other 2, right?

So tell them you'll wait til you've seen the other 2. They have to give you that time. It's a smart move, and they have to respect you for that!

I know it's tough -- but I'm behind you as well as everyone else. Love, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote