View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakes View Post
Hey guy's Newbie here - diagnosed with PD just two weeks ago. So far mt tremors are in my right hand. Starting to learn the hard way about rigidity, evrything feels tight, almost like I've been working out. My balance is a bit off but nothing severe yet.

I'm petrified!

Welcome to the forum mshakes! I'm relatively new here also. I've found this site to be a treasure trove for PD information and interpersonal support.

I've spent a lot of time today reflecting on my situation with PD as it is my one year anniversary since being DXed. My advice to you as a relatively new PWP is don't fear or worry about it. Accept that you have PD and then go live your life. Adapt when you have to, and then move forward as best you can. I'll let your docs give you advice on meds. But please, as much as possible, BE ACTIVE. Excerise has been proven in many studies to be helpful for PD, as well as your health in general. Tai Chi, dance, yoga, boxing, running, walking, whatever, just do it. Push yourself to do a little more than you really want to, because in the end, it will really help.

Good Luck!
Tupelo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote