View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Tashi,

I think the dental implant is a gamble for you. If it causes a flare there is no telling how severe or how long it would be. It's best to go with your intuition on this one.

Is is possible for you to wear a partial denture?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashi View Post
Thank you Bryanna for your input.
I am into day 5 and the extraction inflammation has finally come down. Now the spots where the injections were given hurt. Those should settle down soon too.

I chose not to have the bone graft done at the time of the extraction as I did not know whether an implant would work for me. I have had RSD for 30 years now, and I do not want to wake the RSD pain..

I see the surgeon in about a week. Then is when he will need an answer as to whether we are going ahead or not. I am thinking not.

If a long car ride 's vibration causes the RSD to flare, I can't imagine what drilling into the bone would do to me.
'If' my body would tolerate the implant, I would do the bone grafting...

From what I have read on some other websites, some people are in bad pain from their implant and are looking for help.

The surgeon is also going to talk with another oral surgeon that has had more experience with RSD people. The other surgeon has researched the issue, and won't do an implant on an RSD person.
So it will be interesting to see what my oral surgeon comes away with from consulting with him.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote