View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jerry,

SO.... what did the OS have to say today?
Hope he said all is well

What exactly is wrong with the second molar on the lower left....decay?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry5 View Post
Hi Bryanna!

It's really cool to get direct feedback from you. In my eyes, you're famous and really deserve it!

The second molar is in the lower left side, next to the putative fistula. No, it's not removed and there is damage to it. I can feel a sharpness at the base but I don't think it has penetrated to the pulp. It's only mildly cold-sensitive.

I think I'm imagining the fistula, though. I saw some other x-rays online of impacted wisdom teeth and they all seem to have that black line next to the tooth. To be quite honest, I've been experiencing lots of anxiety and hypochondriasm and thus far, my oral surgeon has been great and I respect him lots, so no need to question him...at least not at this point. My latest hypochondriasm is that I have osteomyelitis/cavitation and that the bacterial toxins are killing me.

My pain is dull, constant and excruciating but tolerable. The upper holes are pain-free but the lower ones are still very sore, with local infection-like symptoms. I thank you for assuring me this is typical (good lord! I sympathize with wisdom teeth victims...uh, patients!).

As for the numbness in teeth, that's appearing to lessen, too. However, I get a pulling/pressure feeling in that area and sinuses (upper left, with the chips), kinda that feeling you get as the novocaine shot is wearing off after getting treatment for cavities. I noticed that my bite is much better aligned after the extractions. Perhaps they're all related?

In any case, I will take your recommendations; watch what I eat and mention these symptoms to my OS tomorrow. Thank you again for easing my fears and being so great with your time!

Thank you and may your teeth be eternally healthy!
Jerry
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote