View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 PM
anon22217

anon22217

I'm just curious what kind therapy are you doing for your light sensitivity? I too have this! But I'm going to see a neuroopthamologist for this and hopefully she can help me. I wonder if these are connneted with headaches?

Thank you. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFayesMom View Post
While my vision therapy is causing demonstrable improvement in my vision, my eye strain is still unbearable. I cannot use a computer AT ALL anymore, because I just would end up overdoing it and setting myself back further. So since my last setback three weeks ago, I have only been using my iPhone. I guess it doesn't bother me as much, because it is a smaller light source, and I turn the brightness down as far as possible. I also place a rectangle cut from a blue transparency sheet over it, to help block some of the glare, and I limit my iPhone usage to 2 hours or less per day. I cannot read a normal book or magazine for more than five minutes without my eyes feeling terribly strained, and if I spend an hour reading my Nook with the largest possible font, my eyes will hurt the rest of the day. It's not worth it.

I thought reading and writing were my life, until this happened, but now I know I am more than that. Still, I miss it so much! If I skip my eye exercises, I can do a lot more, so I know they are really hard on my eyes. I skip them once a week so I can have a day that I can do a little reading. Has anyone experienced vision therapy causing more eye strain? Does this get better? Any insight? Advice? I just want to be able to read again! I'm losing patience!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote