View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vision Therapy does hurt my eyes

Hi,

I am doing vision therapy using a computer program called vizual edge. I have three exercises: depth perception, stabilization and tracking. The program is actually for athletes to increase there performance by improving there sight but it works for others. I also do a gaze stabilization exercise every day (turn my head to one side and look at my finger at the opposite side - 30 times). I have found that my eyes burn a lot and are sore, but my neuro opthamologist said if it is sore you have hit onto the right things. I always have a headache and I believe it is from the vision issues. The post traumatic vision syndrome gives you a low blink rate which can dry out your eyes, I make a point of blinking a lot and it has been suggested to use liquid tears.

I know what you mean about reading, I would love to read or watch t.v. and when I start it is hard to make me stop and if I don't I can pay for it for days. It has still been suggested that I should not drive because my vision reaction is extremely slow.

I now have prism reading glasses and they also sent my prism sun glasses which they mistakenly put my reading prescription in (boy did I have a hard time figuring that out).

CBC radio has been my saviour and I listen to it for hours every day, but I admit I am so bored and it is hard to keep depression at bay when you really can't do anything which is enjoyable. I miss a lot of my kids events.

My neuro opthamologist says it can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. I am in accounting as a profession and I can't really work until I get working vision, I find it extremely slow and there are some who have not had a great deal of success while other have had life changing experience.

I am going to Toronto in July to be given more vision therapy instruction. It is too far (5 hours) for me to go weekly for therapy so they are to teach me how to do it at home.

How long have you been doing the therapy? It took me almost a year to get diagnosed.

Good luck
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote