View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Time to move along. It took me 3 neuros to find the right fit. The first one was convinced I had migraine without headache!!! Yes, a neurologist! She gave me a script for beta blockers...and I knew it was time to move along to the next.

The next one did lab test after lab test after lab test, and was OK, but he ended up losing my precious MRI and then accused me of taking it so....moved along again (as the relationship was blighted at that point), but only after a period of some months of being stubborn and doing nothing.

I don't recommend that plan!

Finally I got in with the place I still go (and it's been 13 years). Within 3 minutes of just talking with me, he stated, "I concur with your diagnosis of MG." He then did a few little tests for formality's sake and said they were suggestive for MG and that was all he needed.

You'd like to think you can trust what your neuros say all of the time, but they are people and have different ways of looking at problems. If it doesn't jive with what you are experiencing, it's much easier to find someone new than try and make the current one change his/her mind.

You do sound rather MGish to me, FWIW. Even if it's not MG, your symptoms warrant further exploration, and I don't think you're going to get that from your present neuro.

Good luck and keep us posted!
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (05-29-2013), Fortunatos (05-29-2013), sandy56 (05-29-2013)