View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi I have a question about tramadol and IVIG

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on in a while. I have had a lot going on. My son got married. It was wonderful and then our family took a vacation.
For those who don't remember me or are new. I have been diagnosed with idiopathic small fiber neuropathy. I currently take,
Cymbalta 120 mg once a day
Tramadol 100 mg three times per day.
Synthroid 1.0 mcg once a day
CoQ10, Sublingual B12, R-Lipoic Acid, L-carinitine.
I have had SFN for just about 6 years now. I have had every test you can imagine. Every doctor says auto immune even though my antibodies all come back normal.

Ok now to my questions. I am prescribed Tramadol 100mg 4 times a day but have never gone that high. Until 1 and 1/2 weeks ago then I cut back to 100mg in Am and 100mg in PM. That seemed Ok. So a few days ago I went to 50mg in AM, 50 in afternoon and 100 at night. I have done this for two days and I'm not feeling for great. A lot of pain and numbness and tingling and twitching and really tired. Is this because I need that much Tramadol or are these withdrawal symptoms?

I have also decided to cut back on my Cymbalta and took that from 120mg to 90 today. I think I intend to stay at 90 of Cymbalta. Question is should I do this together or get through one and then do the other?

I was on vacation and realized that I don't have a lot of emotions. That is when I decided the meds may be too much. I cry sometimes when I think about the turn my life has taken but that's about it. I guess the real problem is I feel like I can't experience real joy.

Don't worry I know I have to wean off the tramadol just not sure if these are withdrawal symptoms.

For those of you who have had IVIG. I have been receiving them for about 8 months now. It seemed for a few months I got relief from them. I was getting RX one day a month. My neuro wanted to take it up to 3 days in succession each month. The first time I tried I was so sick rheumo said no and decided on 2 days/month. By the wai I received no relief from the 3 days. I then tried the two days before my son's wedding and had no relief.
Is it possible for IVIG to work in the beginning and not continue to work?

Sorry, for the long thread just looking for some answers.
Thanks, hopeful
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote