View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 03:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

peacheysncream,

I have not had any "severe numbness and stabbing pains in your hand and feet", however, I do have a history of occasional numb/tingling in my hands/fingers which I have had since my numerous MVC's and my Subluxation of C5/6 long ago - which is more a bother than debilitating; I have not associated and increase there with the medication.

My increase in the Topamax dosing has brought the daily headache intensity down to a level of constancy of 1-2/10 at a maximum most generally 1/10. With the biggest regret I have as losing the prodrome warnings of something to let me know I may be leading into an Acute Headache - I may or not get some warning, usually not now; just WHAM, Hello, BIG Headache time, everything hits at once, the headache intensity of 15-20/10, the aura or the noise intensity hurtfulness, screeching bright light hurting, tears, turn off the lights, turn off the tv, turn off the computer, please shut up -- I keep a dark hooded sweatshirt on my computer chair to cover up, and almost crawl to my recliner and curl up after grabbing my pills and taking them. << Luckily, these seem to have decrease in occurence from a few times a week to 1, maybe twice, but last 1 or 2 days sometimes.

But, otherwise, I drink lots of water to keep the risk of kidney stones at a minmum; I have had an occasional "Alice in Wonderland" moment - but it passed rather quickly - usually occurred waking from a nap ( one of my little quick 5 min ones). I have Insomnia, even prior to using Topamax, so its not changed.

Overall, my daily headaches have seen a reduction in intensity. Thats a good thing to me........ Now I can work on my Cognition problems once the plans are decided and worked out; and they are seeming to clear somewhat as time passes, too...but not alot. And, I always am looking forward to get off all my meds one day.

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote