View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattymary88 View Post
UPDATE

I followed up with my Family doc to get some help with an inhaler and such. He took an x-ray to see for himself. I didn't see the last one they just called me. OMG I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!!! I cried immediately! Basically the top of my diaphragm on the right side is level with the top of my heart. I will try to post the pics I took of the x-ray. I am waiting on a sniff test to see if it is really paralyzed. My doc was upset and is getting my surgical notes and consulting a neuro. Now I am waiting again...LOL The good news somehow my breath sounds are good and equal....go figure!
Pattymary

I also had the elevated diaphragm, in my case it continued to about 20 months.....due I am sure to the fact that I had 3 surgeries in 1 month span and the "messing" with the nerve each time.
Early on I had numerous bronchitis issues and of course last summer was so hot & humid that made things so much worse.....stayed in as much as I could with the air on. I really had shortness of breath especially at exertion and sometimes at rest.

The tests for breath sounds was the same as yours and the Doc said I was having Asthsma issues however I knew there was more to it. Even now when I cough its as if my chest just won't move? ....very tight feeling.
The diaphragmatic breathing does help especially when I get anxious with the shortness of breath.

I would encourage you to try to do the Diaphragmatic breathing, as from what I was told that even when the Diaphragm starts working that it can be weak and not move as it should.

chloecasey
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote