View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Could be B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomCop View Post
Hi all, I'm a 38 year old female with a tingly tongue, feet and hands. Occasionally I feel tingles up my arm or leg and head and face. I had a brain and cervical MRI and all came back normal. It's not vitamin deficiency, diabetics or ms, from what docs tell me. I have noticed my vision gets blurry at times. I don't take any medications. Anyone else have any idea what this could be? Could I have ms with a negative MRI? Any answers appreciated! ~J
Tests for vitamin/mineral deficiencies are notoriously inaccurate. I would put zero credibility in them unless you have the right tests. I would mosey over to the peripheral neuropathy forum and post there as well....if I were you, I would be having some serum B tests run. They are pricey, but worth it. If you find you are deficient (another red herring, the "range" is now changing and those in the know advocate a much higher level of B12 than the age-old RDA number)...supplement. You will find a wealth of information on this site for B supplementation, read up on it before you start taking anything as you can make things worse. MrsD has several excellent posts about B12 in particular and there is a thread here about B12 which would be worth reading. Good luck
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MomCop (05-30-2013)