View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here and some questions

Hi there, I'm Mary. I found your group just researching one day.
I'll try and be as informative as I can.
I have been a horse trainer most of my life. I've had 4 concussions, 1 being a level 3 I was out a few minutes. That one was back in 2006.
MRI and CT scans didn't show anything major. I did have a pretty rough year of migraines, being unbalanced, bad memory, fuzzy vision and forgetting what I was saying mid-sentence... a LOT.
I had been under the "care" of a neurologist and did call when ever things got worse. They never really did suggest any form of medication, so I assumed it was one of those "takes time to heal" deals.
I've been under a lot of stress the last 2 years and have noticed a LOT of PCS symptoms again. You know, the ones where your friends say either you're being "flakey" or a hypochondriac.
Recent symptoms:
*More frequent headaches leaning toward migraines. 2 migraines in a month.
*Not sleeping well.
Sensitivity to light and sounds.
*Tingle feelings every so often in face. Varies from being around nose or mouth and some times eyes. I am guessing migraine?
*Total fatigue (lack of sleep not helping of course)
*Uncoordinated... balance off. I bumped in to more things yesterday than in a very long time.
*Dizzy at times, but only if I get overheated (Florida... here comes the heat!)
*Pretty much NO motivation.

I'm a VERY active woman. I'm 39 and lifted weights since 15 (seriously), and an active Equestrian. I ride Dressage which is a very mental and physical sport. I also care for 22 horses a day, clean 11 stalls, lift and carry 50lb bags of feed a few times a day and move around 60lb bales of hay. Fix fencing... blabla you get it, NEED to be NOT fatigued and need to be motivated.
No, I don't have help (yet).
Any suggestions on what is going on? I don't have insurance and can't just go run out, get new films and neurologist. Which they all want new films.

I have not hit my head on anything recently.
I am more Vegan than Vegetarian. Drink only water aside from 2 cups of coffee in the morning. Might have a Woodchuck cider or 2 a week. I do take ibuprofen for the aches and pains of other old injuries, but that's it.
Thank you!

~Mary
I do take Vegan Multi vitamins and Raw B-12.
Hopefully that is some info?
feidressageprincess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote