View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
I was honored to be part of the PDF group at the Parkinson's unity walk in Central Park on April 27. I was interviewed by a reporter and was astonished today when I got a link to the interview. I get shaking when I'm nervous and I was both nervous and extremely tired at the time. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHRwd...utu.be&t=3m58s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
Yesterday we decided to work on our hiking so, even though it was raining, we climbed the Grouse Grind here in Vancouver. I hadn't slept much the night before and I could barely move my shoulder. But I figured I didn't need much range of motion, just forward and back to move the hiking staffs. The Grind has a 2,610' elevation gain over 1.8 miles, average grade of 31%, much like climbing a ladder with rocks and roots instead of rungs, referred to as "Mother Nature's Stairmaster". Doug did it in 2hrs 5min; me: 2hrs 11min. The unofficial record is 23min 48 sec. I passed one person and was passed by all the many others. At the 25% mark Doug asked if I wanted to turn around. Glad I didn't have a mirror as he said later I looked pretty wretched. Funny how much more able I feel when I push beyond personal limits. (I'm stiff today, believe it!)
geez your're a glutton for punishment. was there a chair lift back down?
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote