View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

princess,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am sorry to hear of your struggles.

Your experience is not uncommon. Your vegan diet makes it a challenge to provide the best brain nutrition. Fish oil is important to nerve tissue health as are the various amino acids that come from meat.

It appears you have no way to reduce your stress load. This is an important part of recovery and function. At your age, the brain is starting on a down hill track.

The easiest thing for you to do is work on neck health. Learning to maintain good upper neck posture even though your work causes you to want to be very flexible and strenuous with the use of your neck. Often, concussions damage and weaken the soft tissue that supports the upper neck. This leads to muscle spasms that can cause head aches. The classic symptoms is sensitivity to touch behind the ears.

Learning to be disciplined with your strenuous work will go a long way to improving your condition. No lifting with jerking motions. No bending and twisting with a load. Turn at the shoulders rather than at the neck when you need to look around.

You could benefit from a vestibular analysis. Others will hopefully address this issue since I have never had vestibular issues.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote