View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 10:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all so very much. I will find the professionals you suggest and take more steps.

The obsessive behaviors and the mood swings are tough, but the lack of social "radar' is the worst. Tonight, at a dance recital, some girls were teasing him backstage. He got so frustrated with their teasing that he scraped the back of his hand until it bled, "because they were making fun of me and it would make them even happier if I was bleeding."

All this occurred in a span of five minutes, with me no more than ten feet away, just out of earshot of the "teasing." I constantly tell him to come to an adult if there is teasing going on (he has ZERO tolerance for being kidded, even good-naturedly)

Anyway, thank you, new friends, and I will take your advice.

One final thought: thank you for the kind comments regarding his exceptional talents. His almost incredibly abilities are a side-effect of his obsessions. In an attempt to "focus" his obsessions, I have to find things he likes to do. Then he does them CONSTANTLY, and therefore acquires high level skills very quickly. Does this sound familiar to you?

Last edited by JAM's Mom; 05-12-2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: added thought...
JAM's Mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote