View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 02:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SSDI&work opportunity???

Hi I am posting this on behalf of my fiance. We have a child together and both he and our child receive benefits. He has recently been offered a job as a property manager of some storage units in our local town. It doesn't pay but 300 a month but that would help with other bills that we have. Now we spoke with a lady from the social security office and she said he is allowed to make up to 1000.00 dollars per month however after 9 months there will be an evaluation. I told her I am concerned that if he takes the position then ss may look at this as he is capable of doing some form of work and obviously there is work that he can do if he is a property manager. The caseworker said that ss will send a questionaire that will ask him about the work he performs and in that he can add that I help him with the work which is basically some paper work and oversight of the units. There will be times he has to clear out units but we have someone to do that work for us. So my at this time my concern is that if he takes this job the ss will view that as he can work and that there is some form of work available that he can do. Is it a in your opinion a "bad" idea do to this for the little money that will be made each month? I am so worried that it will end up having a negative impact on our family. I work but barely bring home enough to cover the bills and his income isn't that great either. I am somewhat new so I hope I have confused anyone. I appreciate all advice on this topic. Thank you
thecrew74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote