View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma View Post
Many of us have those newish melt rollers that have some give to them (in contrast to the classic foam rollers which are hard as rock). You know, the ones that Ando recommends for laying on top of to push elevated ribs in.

While poking around Amazon, I saw that there is a new book on using them to relieve chronic pain:

"The MELT Method" by Sue Hitzmann
http://www.amazon.com/The-MELT-Metho...dp/0062065351/

The reviews are pretty good. I have ordered it just today. I still get rib pain all the time. My most frequent complaint now.

Anyway, if you try it, please post your experiences in this thread.
I have a MELT roller and just purchased the book but since I am having surgery soon will probably have to wait on making full use of it. I was wondering if any of you who see Ando can describe the way he told you to use it for your ribs? I have a lot of rib pain and soreness and my 5th rib is elevated. Thanks!

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote