View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 05:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi B!

Mmmm...well, I never did bring up the fistula issue. He seemed annoyed by my inquiries (he mumbled that if I press by asking questions like the ones I raised, practitioners are not likely to want to deal with me). I agree with his statement to a certain extent but it leaves little room for patients to express any inquiries not consistent with the OS's opinions. I know enough about medicine to know that diagnosis without clear evidence (don't get me started with what evidence entails) is essentially hypotheses. I guess this is why I respect how much of your time you devote to patient advocacy!

In any case, my symptoms have disappeared for the most part, I feel healthier, my gums are still a little tender, I'm off all meds except for the occasional aspirin and healing is just fine!

With respect to my second molar, there was local decay due to wisdom tooth impaction that spawned a rich environment for bacterial growth. You could see it in the x-ray, which is what prompted me to get my teeth extracted. At present, I can feel the crags at the root of the molar but when the OS felt around with a probe, he couldn't detect it. It's enough to cut up my tongue, though. I'm thankful that I don't have to get it removed, though. After reading your philosophy on root canals, I'm inclined not to ever get one, and instead, think about alternatives.

In any case, thank you again for your generosity with your time and expertise!

Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Jerry,

SO.... what did the OS have to say today?
Hope he said all is well

What exactly is wrong with the second molar on the lower left....decay?

Bryanna
Jerry5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote