Thread: Done
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

B12Lead,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I am sorry to hear of your injury at the hands of a 5 time DUI offender. It is sad that your kids did not learn from your experience.

I tried to read all of your post but the long paragraphs make it difficult. 5 or 6 lines is the most I can follow.

It sounds like you first need is to reduce your stress load. This means the load put on you by your kids, too. They are adults and need to become self-sufficient. You are injured and cannot afford to try to be super-mom.

If your daughter does not agree to be a respectful part of YOUR household, ask the judge to finish her time in jail. Maybe she needs to get the message.

To start, you should read the Vitamins post in the sticky at the top. Good brain nutrition is paramount to letting your brain heal and also tolerating stress. The links at the bottom of the first Vitamins post are also very useful.

When others act like you are retarded, stop and tell them you have a brain injury and are struggling with daily tasks that they take for granted. being open and honest will not hurt. Others need to learn to accommodate the many brain injured.

More later.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (05-30-2013)