View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylilelar View Post
I had a root canal,post and new crown on the tooth between the eye tooth and the front tooth on May 15th.
Two days ago it began to get sore and I remembered the dentist telling me that it will take awhile to "settle in". I just completed the WORST night of my life as the pain was unbelievable so of course NO SLEEP.
Yesterday I made an appointment for 10:30 this morning and the first time in my life I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THE DENTIST!
No apparent swelling,no reaction to hot/cold.........just by touch.
I was online a good part of the evening looking at home remedies.
Warm salt water with a swab gently around the area. NOPE
2 aspirin every 2 hours instead of 4 hours NOPE
One Advil every two hours,then went to two every two hours NOPE
Finally....ONE Advil with a little bourbon ,keeping the bourbon against the roof of my mouth>>>>>>instant relief. Go figure.
I have already had 5 Advil in 12 hours, so that's it.
Does this sound as if it could be a fistula?
I experienced the same pain several years ago however mine was caused by a very deep filling. The dentist said the same "wait for a few days and it would go away". I remember eating 2-3 pieces of advil everyday for 2 week straight and pain disappeared. I thought the problem was gone but after 4-5 months but a fistula grew on my gum. It would come and go every 5 months. It's been 2-3 years so far.

All I know is that if a root canal procedure is successful, you should not experience any pain afterwards (from my experience as a patient).

I finally made up my decision and my oral maxillofacial suregon will extract/clean bone for me next month.

You should talk to your dentist, endodontist, or oral maxillofacial suregon.
fistula_help is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote