View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I saw an ENT this week who is sending me for tests...one of which involved freezing the eyeball?! I forgot (of course) the names of the tests but hope to have the list sometime next week. I will try to remember to post them!

I am interested in learning as much as possible about exactly what was injured...even though it may not change the outcome. But it may, if there are more targetted therapies possible. Knowledge is power.

Most doctors do not have a detailed knowlege of how extensive this injury can be. It takes a lot of work to get to the bottom of things!

What happened: Legs pulled forward by a parent's hockey stick while resting at the side of the rink at a family skate....sent me straight back. I hit the back of my head (with helmet) on the ice, bounced a few times, unconscious for a few minutes. September 11, 2011. Off work since then…I work part-time at home when I can. It has been hell but slowly feeling better (when I am alone☺).

Current symptoms: Vision problems (but 20/20 in each eye alone!) – convergence insufficiency – horizontal and vertical (heterophoria), problems with tracking and saccades, peripheral vision problems, eyes see different colour tints; tinnitus 24/7 both ears; hyperacusis (noise filter gone!), labyrinthian (inner ear) concussion, vestibular dysfunction (dizzy, bedspins, need to look down when walking); partial loss of sense of smell; electric shocks through head when doing too much; headaches; emotional lability; memory blanks; difficulty concentrating. I still can’t go into busy, noisy places. Fatigue. Executive functioning was affected – multi-tasking, planning, motivation. Slight aphasia. Shooting pain up neck and limited mobility at neck. Otherwise lucky!

Current treatments: Vestibular therapy, Vision therapy, amantadine (100 mg a day), acupuncture and physiotherapy for neck, slow return to exercise, magnesium, resveratrol, omega 3 fish oils, vitamins D, B and multi. Optimism and perserverance.
Mokey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote