View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto,Canada View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be booked in for a 1st rib resection for "TOS, Vein compression" due to a car accident May 2012. the JUST found out 2 weeks ago, scar tissue is severely compressing the nerves, and subclavian vein.

I haven't been able to find any information regarding returning to work post-op???? being a work-a-holic i'm just curious on people's recovery period and being able to return to work. I do a desk job, Stats Analyst.

Aswell I have concerns hearing AVOID public transportation, and needing help post-op. i'm just worried, because I live in Toronto, and that's my only mode of transportation (mainly the subway), and I'm also worried because I won't have anyone to help me out post-op. and of course I HATE not being independent, and what's worse is i'm right handed and that is the side i'm having resected.

Any suggestions????

Thank you
The vascular surgeon who wants to do surgery on me said I won't be able to return to work for at least 3 months. This would be after removal of a cervical rib, scalenectomy, and removal of scar tissue.

3 weeks sounds way too soon from what I have read of others experiences, but what do I know?
twelveleaves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote