View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi Linnie,

Thanks for the info. I can see why they did a recall on the Neurontin they have found it causes sz. for people who never had epilepsy in their life, and for many people who already have epilepsy it has increased sz. and in some cases like me caused absence status sz. where I would be out of it for 40 min. to 3 hrs. I know the drug co. had over $210 million in lawsuits on this drug. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Interesting information... what I found most informative about the data is the above is being used to help persons who deal with not only seizures these drugs are being used to help persons who deal with chronic migraines.

As for the Epilepsy, which I have had since the age of 2, I have taken both drugs and I still take the generic Topomax at the lowest dose possible. Reasons being I have two devices controlling my type seizure flow because medication cannot manage my unique case. I never had an increase flow of seizures while on Neurontin the medication just could not help while being used with another drug due to my intensity of seizures. Every patient is unique and every case needs specific care in medication and doctor specialty. I've learned that over the years and after three surgeries.

Regards,

Suebear
Suebear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote