View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default polyneuropathy vs Cymbalta vs Orgasm

Hello!

13 years after the first diagnosis of Ideopathic Polyneuropathy I decided to have a new set of tests done to see if they can't now find a cause and if so a possible reduction of symptoms, inasmuch as 13 years ago, they said there was nothing that could be done, also not to reduce the symptoms.

So all the blood work has come back in disgustingly normal ranges, and the only possiblilty they've not explored is a lumbar puncture - may not even be applicable in my case.

The new neurologist said that OF COURSE they can reduce the pain I've been having and prescribed 30 mg Cymbalta. this has moved the day-to-day spectrum of pain/discomfort more towards the "only mild discomfort" range with the worse days being only mildly painful. So it is a lot easier to cope with that. Better would be great, but I'll take what I can get.

Along with the Cymbalta I've had a whole range of side-effects, some completely gone, some only sporadically and some lingering on.

Dry-mouth is a stupid problem, but I can cope with a bottle of sparkling water nearby. Crushing periods of extreme tiredness are a problem, but these seem to be tapering off, or at least this week have been better. Sweating is also stupid, but I have a small towel in my backpack. Sleeplessness at night stopped, when I changed the time of day I take the stuff to breakfast instead of lunch.

But ... the one problem that is not going away and the reason I'm posting is ... lack of orgasms. Oh, I've never had a problem getting and holding an erection. both my wife and I are happy for that. But since I've been taking Cymbalta, nothing either she or I, with each other or alone, can do or have done has allowed me to get over that orgasm ledge. Now I suppose I -can-live with this, as I don't feel any really desperation on my part, I'm not ready to book a week at a neighborhood poof with the paramedics on call, but it is a little difficult for my wife who has always had some feelings of inferiority in sexual matters because of her upbringing and such. and now she has no pleasure from see her success with my outcome.

Soooooo ... any ideas of something that can possibly help us over this "hump" so to speak? Toys are not on with her, nor is prostrate massage.
musicofnote is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote