Thread: Nevro senza
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:52 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart All of These Posts Help!

The sharing common experience brings each who have similar equipment and issues closer as a group and in the contemplation of approach to the Doc about "what the heck is going on?" It feels so good to see this dialogue shaping.

Tenderness at battery/generator site is a phenomenon for most everyone regardless of equipment manufacture. The thing of it is the body is "zipped" open and a pocket created to hold the signal generator. Just think in terms of having a marsupial pouch inserted into your healthy body thank you..... so as to hold young. Think opossum, kangaroo, and others. Since we are not so equipped from the get go, that whole of the unnatural has just GOT TO wreak some havoc upon anyone whose body is so invaded.

My generator site was noticeably sore, then tender, then an annoyance, then less so, now pretty much unnoticeable as the progression of healing occurred. I do not have Nevro, but the Boston Scientific widget. Now, it hardly is of any import to me other than that it holds my "precious" device.

Every time I charge, the site becomes warm noticeably so. But then, I have come to accept this as par for the course, and its significance to me has waned. This manufacturer's device in my 24/7 use pattern I now charge roughly once every ten days or so. In the early days back in 2010 and my use was ramped up quite high my charging events were spaced far more closely together, and I always made sure to keep my charger close at hand. Now, not so much.

INFECTION possibilities...... gotta be ever vigilant for and about those. My personal experience with surgical infection was at the time of my Trial, and it was both unfun and messy.... not to mention frightening. For a far more intense read about the awful slippery slope ride on infection, take a look at Saffy's posts about her bout with infection which ultimately resulted in removal of her unit completely. That was a very very difficult row to hoe for her. Be vigilant. Be aware. Be cautious if redness, puffiness, pus, ick, fever and such become manifest. Talk to your Doc right away if any signs of that infection monster become evident.

I hope and pray all issues for each who experience these post surgical difficulties will abate. The technology works if the body will be accepting. I am thrilled to the max with mine.

Prayers,
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-02-2013), german shepherd man (05-31-2013), Rrae (05-31-2013), trish123 (05-31-2013)