Thread: What a mess
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 02:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What a mess

*tried to post earlier but it logged me out, hope this didn't double post, I couldn't find the other post if it did. My apologies if it did.

Where to start?
Allergic to penicillin and took a LOT of Tetracycline as a child until age 12 due to severe ear/throat/sinus infections (found out age 12 I had no eardrum thanks to a bout with Scarlet fever at age 5).

A lot of baby teeth had to be pulled, permanent teeth were very white, straight and pretty.

I'm 52 and missing:

#1, 4, 14, 16, 17,30, 31, 32. I don't have 2, 15, 18, don't recall them being pulled nor coming in. Have had dentist tell me I'm "missing" teeth.

Wisdom teeth came in at age 17.

Root canals:

11, 9, 8,6,5,29, 20.

Now here's my issue:

#6 root canal was done by an incompetent dentist (broke off 3 of my husband's teeth, he had to run out of the office and straight to oral surgeon is just 1 example but our insurance had him as ONLY one listed)

My new dentist just wants to pull it, no ifs ands or buts. No infection. And put in a bridge. There is no infection on capped tooth #7 but she says there is decay and when she pulls off the cap to see how bad the decay is. If it's bad no attempt at root canal, she wants to pull it too. If it's not that bad then a permanent bridge 5-7.

Tooth #5 had root canal AND was patched because a new dentist attempted root canal, drilled through SIDE of tooth, rushed out without telling me what happened, ran back in and say QUICK, GET TO DR. *****, ENDO. I get to endo and it's explained there the sac ruptured, might save tooth, finish root canal, patch, etc. I still have the tooth over a year later, patch worked it's way out, need cap.

I'm so confused.

Do I pull pull pull? I've spent THOUSANDS to keep my teeth in, no infections in my root canals that the first dentist did, he cleaned them at least 3 times before capping back in early 90's.

My problem with a bridge is that I've seen the teeth they're connected to get bad and the bridges fall causing such ugly teeth. I don't want partials, my mom accidentally spit hers out of the window and has to glue in her full set before eating. How many people have I seen glue their teeth in, can't eat, reline, reline, reline and eat with them laying on the table?? Sores, blisters, etc.

I'm leaning towards root canal by endo on #7 if needed and can be done, implant on #8 and regular cap on #9 then live in a tent to pay for it all.

I'm about to embark on a new career and I really need to put forward a professional look with a nice smile. Not broken, discolored teeth and spitting dentures across the room slapping clients in the face. If I were a comedian I'd just buy wind ups and wear them. Speaking of which caps on 8/9/10 are darker and need to be replaced.
GrannyLaLa1960 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote