View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 10:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was on tegretol for my epilepsy and the relief in nerve pain was GOOD! I was on 500mg 2x a day. Unfortantly because it stopped working for my epilepsy I had to go onto a new med and so there went some pain relief I had. It was also my "stupid" med because my other AEDs do not have that much affect on my thinking and memory.

Tegretol is an old drug (atleast in the epilepsy world) and its probley why drs dont think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodgrl View Post
I was on a higher dose than I am right now. At the 200mg twice a day I was sleepy and having a lot of memory problems (I call them my stupid pills, cause I forget words or thoughts mid sentence) Now I'm back to 100mg twice a day. At the lower dose I still have some memory/thought problems, but not like it was.

It definitely helps with the pain. Mostly the deep aching pain. I went a few days without this month and I could really tell the difference. He will probably be bumping my dose back up next visit.

I've actually been surprised I haven't seen it mentioned often. Especially for people wanting to reduce their intake of "pain" medication.
tos8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (05-31-2013)