View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Granny LaLa,

Just so you are aware.......
The microscope used in root canal therapy can only detect bacteria inside of the large canals. It cannot detect bacteria inside of the thousands of microscopic canals because they often cannot be located and there is no access to them. So as I have posted before... these tiny canals called dentin tubules or accessory canals harbor infected nerve tissue rendering the tooth chronically infected and inflamed.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyLaLa1960 View Post
I had an admit edit, was trying to put some info in here without having to type in a LOT of information from another site. In my own words it was just saying that a endo that used a microscope AND more than one visit had a better chance of saving a tooth than a "one stop shop", get it done in 1 visit. I've had more problems with the "one stop shop" type of root canal. The 3 times was better. In my case the root canals were mostly because my teeth are more flimsy due to all of the medications I had back as a child and not infections and as far as I know implants weren't on the market yet. I really wanted to clear that up. My bad abcessed tooth on top back was pulled and I'd do that again. The relief was the best thing.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (06-21-2013), ginnie (06-01-2013)