Thread: Done
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It breaks my heart to hear about all the difficulties you have had to face, with minimal support. You are a remarkable person. I am in awe that you have managed to keep it together for so long. I can't believe that your physician recommended ECT, which can cause further brain injury. I had symptoms similar to yours after my concussion, but not as extreme. I did not get much support from the medical community. Most physicians just brushed me off. I have found that some supplements have helped to reduce my symptoms, and improve my brain function. I take Curcumin to decrease inflammation in the brain, St. John's Wort for depression, GABA to decrease anxiety, Nu-Life Energy to help with fatigue, Nu-Life Focus Formula for the cognitive issues and Calcium/Magnesium for Restless Leg Syndrome. There are a few more that I take for CFS, which I was dealing with before the concussion. I also had problems with twitching eyes after my concussion. The right one stopped after a couple of years. The left one is starting to subside. I believe the twitching is called blepharospasm. It has something to do with the nerve releasing acetylcholine. I read about Botox as a possible treatment. Good luck with finding a treatment plan that works for you, and helps to improve the quality of your life.
dare2bdifferent is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote