View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 03:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight17 View Post
Glad to hear I'm not alone. Parbie, would you be willing to share a little more about your pec minor release? I'm considering having it done...
Sure. I suspected about my pec minor tightness issues once I finalized my first TOS diagnosis and did tons of research but Dr. Sanders was the first to diagnose it with a pec minor block. However, upon afterthought, I believe that block is too generalized, and could have also meant I have a tight pec major muscle as well and from my current PT it is his opinion that's the case and this guy knows a hell of a lot about TOS (I got lucky finding him). Dr. Sanders and Dr. Annest are all about pec minor tenetomies as found in their first paper and Nospam has commented in my thread about it as well and I 100% agree that a pec minor tenetomy is NOT a good idea. I have not gotten better I have a lot of scar tissue buildup and in fact my right side is worse than my left AFTER surgery.....and its been this way ever since surgery, no relief, just worse sx. I can blame the lack of a successful TOS decompression due to my c-rib not being removed but I can't say that I can blame that on the pec minor compression although if you press even a little there it causes SOOOO much pain and tingling down my arm and into my fingers. In the end I think its best to continue to work on releasing the pec minor through PT rather than surgery....just my opinion.

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote