View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 07:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP View Post
Should I explain to them all of this before we go? I know they'll understand, because they are extremely sweet and nice and I know they wouldn't care.

Do any of you romp around the fair? What do you usually do to protect yourself? Do you ride the Midway?Any advice is welcome please? tell me about your experience at such events with MS.
Have they ever seen you with a mobility device, when you have gone into their workplace??

Yes, I go to fairs, amusement parks. Yes, I ride the rides. No, my MS, doesn't affect me, numerous lesions and all. I just got through the past two days, 90 degree weather, working in a kitchen, sweating my butt off, cooking for over a couple hundred people. July is about to have nothing on me. MS is about to have nothing on me. ((Think the move 'Training Day', Denzel Washington, with that expression.))

If they haven't seen you with a mobility device, and you just agreed to spend the day, at the Fair with these ladies, I'd say, not telling them and pushing yourself through this, would be the better choice. If they have, seen you, with mobility devices, then explaining to them what your limitations are, is the better choice.

GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-01-2013)